Pilates from home is the new norm
Pilates from home is the new norm and whilst I don’t want us to only do it at home I can appreciate so many benefits of Pilates at home.
Pilates at home is so convenient that it means you can do it more frequently and more means better short and long term results for you.
Pilates is like brushing your teeth
I think of Pilates is like brushing your teeth, a daily routine for your entire oral health.
If you do Pilates regularly you will preserve, enhance and improve the function of your entire body. When you do Pilates at home you are also setting a great example for the rest of your family, showing that you prioritise exercise as self care, a fun and normal part of life, a habit that you can’t live with out and not something you have to leave home for, not something to avoid or a chore you don’t enjoy.
Here are some top tips of how to keep up with your home Pilates routine by creating the time and space you need. These are a great mix of the tips you have all shared with me over the past year.
1. Have a dedicated space you can retreat to where you won’t be disturbed.
2. Close the door and maybe even use the attached sign to make sure you’re left to it.
3. Get a nice basket or bag to store all your Pilates props in.
4. Set up for your class five minutes early.
5. Store your class link in a note, document or diary on your device so it’s easy to access.
6. Light a candle or aromatherapy diffuser.
7. Wear your best Pilates gear to get into the zone.
8. Tell a friend. For all important accountability either see a friend in class online or tell them to check in that you did.
See you on Zoom soon
We are back at the studio for individual studio sessions from Monday 12th April. If you can't join us there you can continue your Zoom classes as normal.